Apologies if this one has already been posted. Heather

From: Daniel Deocampo <[log in to unmask]>

Date: November 12, 2010 4:27:26 PM EST

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Georgia State: Tenure-Track Position in Geoscience Education

Dear Colleagues,

With apologies, for cross-posting, I would appreciate if you would bring the following opportunity to the attention of any appropriate candidates.  Georgia State is a dynamic and growing research university in the heart of downtown Atlanta, and we are seeking a colleague to add to our ranks in the Department of Geosciences.

With best regards,

Dan Deocampo
Search Committee Chair

----------

GEOSCIENCE EDUCATION
GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY

The Department of Geosciences anticipates hiring for a tenure-track faculty member at the Assistant Professor level pending budgetary approval, whose professional development is in the area of geoscience education. The area of research in geoscience education is open. We seek a colleague who will develop a vigorous research program in an area of geoscience education resulting in publications and extramural support and will develop a strong record of instruction at the graduate and the undergraduate level. Some preference will be given to candidates with post-doctoral research in geoscience education and whose research and experience in geoscience education complements ongoing departmental research and instruction activities. Ph.D. degree in relevant discipline is required. Further information about Geosciences can be read at: www.cas.gsu.edu/geosciences/. To ensure full consideration, applicants need to send by January 15, 2011 an application stating their geoscience education research and instructional interests and goals, CV, and the names of at least three references to Dr. Daniel M. Deocampo [[log in to unmask]] , Chair, Geoscience Education Search Committee, Department of Geosciences, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30302-4105. The position will start in FALL 2011. This position is open until filled. An offer of employment will be conditional upon background verification. Georgia State University is a Research University of the University System of Georgia and is an EEO/AA employer.

==============================
Daniel M. Deocampo, Ph.D., P.G.
Assistant Professor

Department of Geosciences
Georgia State University
PO Box 4105
Atlanta, GA 30302

tel:  404-413-5759
fax: 404-413-5768
email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.cas.gsu.edu/geosciences/3115.html

Dr. Carla Koretsky

Associate Professor

Geosciences Department

Environmental Studies Program

1187 Rood Hall

Western Michigan University

Kalamazoo, MI 49008 US

Office: 269-387-5337

Lab: 269-387-5545

Fax: 269-387-5513

Email: [log in to unmask]

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Gandhi