Issue with a domain account

Yes you may want to check stored credentials. Depending on the OS… for XP see http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6047415.html, for Win 7 see Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage your credentials. Could be a stored username and password here causing the issue. Hope this helps! /ch

From: Steve Asman [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 12:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Issue with a domain account

Some applications cache the user’s credentials but still authenticate against the domain.  So, when the user changes her password and logs on, the application in question starts in the background and repeatedly tries to authenticate with the old credentials locking the account.

We’ve had similar things happen.  The usual scenario is that a technician visits an end user, connects to a network share that needs his credentials.  He leaves the “Remember my Credentials” box checked and forgets to disconnect the drive when he leaves.  Months later the technician changes his password and every time the end user he visited earlier logs on the tech’s account gets locked out.