http://sqlsrvphp.codeplex.com/ - As far as I know you need to use this. The MSSQL drivers that come with PHP (by default) either do not work, or really are horrible with IIS. I use this driver to get everything to work and have no problem what so ever. Have you tried using the install for Web Platform Installer to get PHPbb?

Jamie R. Rytlewski
Information Technologist - International Business Center
Phone: 517-884-1671

From: Ehren Benson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 3:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Problem with PHP and MSSQL

Hi,

I have been trying to figure this out on and off now for weeks and am having to resort to polling the audience.....

The situation is this...

I installed a new server with MS Server 2008R2...installed and configured IIS and PHP (using the Microsoft platform installer) and IIS and PHP seem to be working just fine.  I can pull up a php page with the phpinfo fine and php pages/files seem to work just great.

I am trying to then setup and configure phpbb.  When I load up the installer via a web browser, I get to the requirements page and it gives the the 3 detected available database options... MySQL, MySQL with MySQLi and MSSQL via ODBC while the MSSQL Server 2000+ is left marked as 'unavailable'

I am admittedly no expert web developer/admin but this has got to be pretty straightforward.

In the php.ini file the mssql extension is loaded

[PHP_CURL]
extension=php_curl.dll
[PHP_GD2]
extension=php_gd2.dll
[PHP_GETTEXT]
extension=php_gettext.dll
[PHP_IMAP]
extension=php_imap.dll
[PHP_MBSTRING]
extension=php_mbstring.dll
[PHP_MSSQL]
extension=php_mssql.dll
[PHP_MYSQL]
extension=php_mysql.dll
[PHP_MYSQLI]
extension=php_mysqli.dll
[PHP_OPENSSL]
extension=php_openssl.dll
[PHP_PDO]
extension=php_pdo.dll
[PHP_PDO_MYSQL]
extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll
[PHP_PDO_SQLITE]
extension=php_pdo_sqlite.dll
[PHP_SOAP]
extension=php_soap.dll
[PHP_TIDY]
extension=php_tidy.dll
[PHP_XMLRPC]
extension=php_xmlrpc.dll
[PHP_ZIP]
extension=php_zip.dll
[PHP_EXIF]
extension=php_exif.dll

However in phpinfo it does not list the mssql information as it does for all of the other loaded extensions.

Any Ideas on what I could be missing, I do not have much hair left to rip out.

Thanks!

Ehren J. Benson, MCSE
Windows Systems Administrator
Department of Physics and Astronomy