Hi,

I have been trying to figure this out on and off now for weeks and am having to resort to polling the audience…..

The situation is this…

I installed a new server with MS Server 2008R2…installed and configured IIS and PHP (using the Microsoft platform installer) and IIS and PHP seem to be working just fine.  I can pull up a php page with the phpinfo fine and php pages/files seem to work just great.

I am trying to then setup and configure phpbb.  When I load up the installer via a web browser, I get to the requirements page and it gives the the 3 detected available database options… MySQL, MySQL with MySQLi and MSSQL via ODBC while the MSSQL Server 2000+ is left marked as ‘unavailable’

I am admittedly no expert web developer/admin but this has got to be pretty straightforward.

In the php.ini file the mssql extension is loaded

[PHP_CURL]

extension=php_curl.dll

[PHP_GD2]

extension=php_gd2.dll

[PHP_GETTEXT]

extension=php_gettext.dll

[PHP_IMAP]

extension=php_imap.dll

[PHP_MBSTRING]

extension=php_mbstring.dll

[PHP_MSSQL]

extension=php_mssql.dll

[PHP_MYSQL]

extension=php_mysql.dll

[PHP_MYSQLI]

extension=php_mysqli.dll

[PHP_OPENSSL]

extension=php_openssl.dll

[PHP_PDO]

extension=php_pdo.dll

[PHP_PDO_MYSQL]

extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

[PHP_PDO_SQLITE]

extension=php_pdo_sqlite.dll

[PHP_SOAP]

extension=php_soap.dll

[PHP_TIDY]

extension=php_tidy.dll

[PHP_XMLRPC]

extension=php_xmlrpc.dll

[PHP_ZIP]

extension=php_zip.dll

[PHP_EXIF]

extension=php_exif.dll

However in phpinfo it does not list the mssql information as it does for all of the other loaded extensions.

Any Ideas on what I could be missing, I do not have much hair left to rip out.

Thanks!

Ehren J. Benson, MCSE

Windows Systems Administrator

Department of Physics and Astronomy