Users drive makes a grinding noise, so I don’t want to experiment putting it in the freezer or something like that, I believe the best plan would be to send it off to a recovery service to minimize physical damage to the platters.

My past experience has been good with OnTrack but they are very costly $1200 or more for an 80 gb drive.

I’m curious if  anybody out there recently had good luck with a less expensive drive recovery service?   Did anybody pay less than $1000 / $750 respectively for similar results.

Thanks,

Lee Duynslager