On 10/29/2010 2:16 PM, Bill Wheeler wrote:
> We're noticing the same thing you are, Gary.  Whatever is going on seems
> to 'mask' our MX records, but not those for msu.edu.  Our MX records can
> be seen from on campus, but not from off campus.  A records appear
> viewable from anywhere.

Supposedly the problem is now fixed.  Our other IT guy here chatted with
the ATS people, and they've eventually figured out "Had a problem with
one of the filters on the mail coming in from "outside" MSU.  The filter
was fixed around 1:30 and mail has been flowing since then.".

Now, that doesn't really sound like something like what you're
describing, with MX issues.  I actually had no problem with mail all
morning on a non mail.msu.edu system, it was just mail trying to go *to*
the main msu email servers.

Of course, that also sounds like anything that came in that never made
it was probably lost forever.

Gary