We're noticing the same thing you are, Gary.  Whatever is going on seems
to 'mask' our MX records, but not those for msu.edu.  Our MX records can
be seen from on campus, but not from off campus.  A records appear
viewable from anywhere.
--Bill.
Bill Wheeler, Systems Administrator
Michigan State University Libraries