Bill,

While the alert is still open, we are not seeing any residual network
issues since the last event which ended at 3:45 pm yesterday.

I tried checking your name service from off-campus, and while I can
ping both of your name servers, I cannot get a DNS response from
either one.  So it would seem to me to be a firewall issue.  I have
done spot checks of other departmental name servers on campus, and
am not seeing any issue along these lines.

Doug

--

Doug Nelson, Network Architect	 |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Technology Services	 |  Ph: (517) 353-2980