Dear Colleagues,

During this year’s GSA meeting, I would like to conduct research on the "state" of geoscience education (GED) as a subdiscipline. I would like to invite those of you who plan to attend the Meeting in Denver to participate in my study. I am seeking about eight faculty of various ranks, and up to two graduate students, to interview about the following topics:

1.    Current “hot” research topics in GED;

2.    Primary challenges faced by GED as a discipline, and by GED workers in particular;

3.    Major opportunities for GED and its practitioners.

If you would be willing to arrange a time to connect over these issues while we are at GSA, that would be great. You can email me directly at [log in to unmask] or you can call me at 989.774.1249. The interviews should take between 30-60 minutes. I am at the conference from Saturday, 30 OCT through Wednesday, 3 NOV.

If you would like to help out, please do not reply to this message, or via the listerv at all; I plan to maintain the confidentiality of the participants, so if you are willing to participate, please contact me directly. My contact information is also shown below. Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Anthony Feig

Anthony D. Feig
Assistant Professor of Geoscience Education
Department of Geology
Central Michigan University
Mt. Pleasant MI 48859
989.774.1249