From: Gary Schrock [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] mail.msu.edu certificate

I'm sure people have already started to run into this today, but just to
warn you, your users might be asking about this.  Apparently they
updated the mail.msu.edu ssl certificate this morning.  The Service
Status history suggests that "Many clients will not be affected", but so
far that's not my experience.  Outlook users doing sends here are
getting prompted to accept a certificate that can't be verified.
(Checking mail doesn't seem to prompt this, but sending mail definitely
does seem to be.)

(Personally, I'm seeing this on a Windows 7 machine running Office 2007,
all updates installed, and so far everyone that I know using outlook
that I've asked has seen it.  So I'd have to wonder about the "Many
clients will not be affected.").

One other note, I honestly don't remember seeing any sort of
communication that this was happening, did I miss it?

Gary