Try searching picocell or femtocell instead.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Schrock [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 12:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] at&t microcell use on campus?

I vaguely remember a while back there was some talk about these
microcell cell phone boosters on the nag list, but so far I have had any
luck searching through the archives for it.  I also vaguely remember
that in that discussion there might have been some talk about problems
if people ran these?  Anyone have any recollection of this?

The reason I'm wondering is that I've had a faculty member ask me about
whether one of these would work in her office, because she gets
basically no reception in there.  (She said the only way she can get any
signal is to put the phone on the window sill right up against the
window).  She's been using one of these at home with good results, and
wondered about using one here.  (And yes, I'd tend to say if she gets
lousy reception at home and work with at&t, then maybe it's time to
switch providers, but that's not what she's interested in doing.)  The
way our building is built I'd guess that any signal from this wouldn't
go too far beyond her office.

Thanks,
Gary