John,

Ah, thanks for confirming that it is not just me :).  And for the
record, I received your reply to my initial post, but have not even
received my own initial post yet.

I find this behavior a bit disconcerting insofar as it can create the
impression that clueless folks are replying to portions of a thread
that others have already dealt with, as well as rather ruining the
sequence and the sense of immediacy in the discussion.  But as long
as we all know about this and adjust our expectations accordingly
then I will just accept it.

-- dkm