-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Hudson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 5:20 PM
To: Hudson, Daniel
Subject: Final Reminder: Cutting Edge Ag Technology coming up tomorrow (Thursday, Sept 2)!

Ag Clients,

Here is the final reminder about the Cutting Edge Ag Technology Field
Day is coming up tomorrow (Thursday, Sept 2).   This is a rare
opportunity to see some great equipment in action all at the same place!
 If you did not RSVP, please feel free to come anyway.

As I mentioned yesterday, please remember that we have made some changes to the flyers that we distributed over the last few weeks.

1. We will actually be eating lunch at the Jorgensen Farms Elevator
(2215 Dietz Road, Willaimston)
2. After lunch, we will travel south about one mile to the corn variety plots and tour the plots 3. After the plot tour, we will move over to the field demonstration that will be held directly across from 4109 Frost Road (technically in Webberville).  To get there from the corn variety trial plot tour, travel less than 1/2 mile south on Dietz Road to Frost Road, turn left (east), and travel about one mile.  The field is on the south side of Frost Road

Here is a list of equipment that will be demonstrated and discussed during the event:
Cutting Edge Ag Technology Field Day
Join us on September 2 for a program covering two very important and interesting subjects: ‘cutting edge’
farm equipment and corn variety technologies! We will begin at NOON at Jorgensen Farms Elevator (2215
Dietz Road, Williamston), where we will have lunch. Immediately after lunch, we will travel one mile south
and tour the MSU Corn Variety Plots. Immediately after the plot tour, we will head out to the field to see
field demonstrations and discuss many cutting edge tillage, fertilizer management,
and other technologies including:
• Salford RTS and RTS Extreme (vertical tillage)
• McFarlane vertical tillage
• Case IH 330 Turbo Till
• Variable rate fertilizer application technology
• Schulte RS320 Jumbo Rock Picker
• Kongskilde Stonebear
• Yetter vertical tillage accessories
• Phoenix Till-Lite 2200
• OptRX variable rate nitrogen application system
• Schulte Fixed Knife residue management technology
• Unverferth Rolling Reel Model 75
• And more!
This program is presented by Ingham County MSU Extension and the Capital Area Innovative Farmers with
sponsorship from Jorgensens Farm Elevator and the Corn Marketing Program of Michigan. Thanks to our
sponsors!
There is no charge for this event, but we request that you pre-register so adequate amounts of food are
on hand.
To register, please call Connie at 517-676-7207 or e-mail [log in to unmask]
In Cooperation with: Aldermans Inc., D & G Equipment, Farmco, Janson Equipment Co.,
Corn Marketing Program of Michigan, Miller and Sons, PM Precision Planting Services,
Salford, and Williams Farm Machinery
from: http://www1.caseih.com
From johndeere.com
from kongskilde.com
Copyright: Deere and Company
used with permission

See you there!

Dan

Cutting Edge Ag Technology Field Day

Join us on September 2 for a program covering two very important and interesting subjects: ‘cutting edge’ farm equipment and corn variety technologies!  We will begin at NOON atJorgensen Farms Elevator (2215 Dietz Road, Williamston), where we will have lunch.  Immediately after lunch, we will travel one mile south  and tour the MSU Corn Variety Plots.  Immediately after the plot tour, we will head out to the field (across from 4109 Frost Road, Webberville) to see field demonstrations and discuss many cutting edge tillage, fertilizer management, and other technologies including:
·         Salford RTS and RTS Extreme (vertical tillage)
·         McFarlane vertical tillage
·         Case IH 330 Turbo Till
·         Variable rate fertilizer application technology
·         Schulte RS320 Jumbo Rock Picker
·         Kongskilde Stonebear
·         Yetter vertical tillage accessories
·         Krause Dominator sub-soiler
·         Phoenix Till-Lite 2200
·         OptRX variable rate nitrogen application system
·         Schulte Fixed Knife residue management technology
·         Unverferth Rolling Reel Model 75
·         And more!

This program is presented by Ingham County MSU Extension and the Capital Area Innovative Farmers with sponsorship from Jorgensens Farm Elevator and the Corn Marketing Program of Michigan.  Thanks to our sponsors!

There is no charge for this event, but we request that you pre-register so adequate amounts of food are on hand.

To register, please call Connie at 517-676-7207 or e-mail [log in to unmask]

In Cooperation with:  the Capital Area Innovative Farmers, Aldermans Inc., D & G Equipment, Farmco, Janson Equipment Co., Corn Marketing Program of Michigan, Miller and Sons, PM Precision Planting Services, Salford, and Williams Farm Machinery

Daniel Hudson
Agriculture and Natural Resources Educator Ingham County MSU Extension
121 E. Maple Street
P.O. Box 319
Mason, MI  48854

Office Phone: 517-676-7207 ext 7291