Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:34:06 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: info for how geoscientists spend their time
To: [log in to unmask]

Julie,

Here is a humorous answer to your question (with a legitimate reference too)
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1060

TTFN
Tom

On Sep 17, 2010, at 2:20 PM, Julie Sexton wrote:

Colleagues,

I am looking for a report, article, or other source of information that describes the percentage of time geoscientists in academia, industry, and government spend doing field work, office work, lab work, teaching, etc. So I would like to know the types of tasks geoscientists do at work and what percentage of a geoscientist's time is spent on each task. I realize that there is a lot of variability, so whatever info I can get would be helpful. Does anybody know of a report, article, or source that may have this information?

Thanks for your help.

Julie Sexton
Research Associate
University of Northern Colorado

Tom Foster
Associate Professor; Department of Physics

Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1654
Phone:  618-650-3049
Fax: 618-650-3624