Greetings,
I would like to draw your attention to the following session at the 2011 Northeastern-North Central Joint GSA Regional meeting. The abstract deadline is December 14, 2010.

Session #34. Faculty and Student Perspectives on Undergraduate Research: Models, Challenges, and Best Practices.
Cosponsored by the Council on Undergraduate Research-Geosciences Division
Meagen Pollock, College of Wooster ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), Prajukti (Juk) Bhattacharyya, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
This session will highlight exemplary aspects of undergraduate-driven research. It will include models for mentoring, professional development, logistics, and strategies. Students and student/faculty teams will also present specific examples of undergraduate-driven research.

Please consider submitting an abstract and spread the word among your colleagues.
Thanks

Meagen and juk
“It is precisely for this that I love geology.  It is infinite and ill-defined: like poetry, it immerses itself in mysteries and floats among them without drowning.  It does not manage to lay bare the unknown, but it flaps the surrounding veils to and fro, and every so often gleams of light escape and dazzle one’s vision.”
R. Töpffer, Nouvelles Genevoises (1841)

Dr. Prajukti (juk) Bhattacharyya
Associate professor
Department of Geography and Geology