Julie-have you tried the AGI (American Geological Institute) web site? They
collect this type of data. The other outfit that I think does some of this
is AIPG (American Institute of Professional Geologists).

Good Luck

Larry Davis

On 9/17/10 15:20, "Julie Sexton" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> I am looking for a report, article, or other source of information that
> describes the percentage of time geoscientists in academia, industry, and
> government spend doing field work, office work, lab work, teaching, etc. So I
> would like to know the types of tasks geoscientists do at work and what
> percentage of a geoscientist's time is spent on each task. I realize that
> there is a lot of variability, so whatever info I can get would be helpful.
> Does anybody know of a report, article, or source that may have this
> information?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Julie Sexton
> Research Associate
> University of Northern Colorado

R. Laurence Davis, Ph.D.
Professor of Earth and Environmental Sciences and
University Research Scholar
Department of Biology and Environmental Sciences
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, Connecticut 06516
Office: 203-932-7108    Fax: 203-931-6097