Respectfully, I think however this was implemented was seriously broken, and a broadcast message needs to go out to all users. (unless you have some way of fixing it programmatically).

I've communicated with two other competent campus sysadmins, and we are all seeing weird stuff in the block list. In my case, there are two individual addresses in the block list that I never communicated with before last month. I sent and/or received one or two messages from them, and now I find that they are blocked. I took no action (on my Mac mail client) that should have marked them as blocked, and have never dug into the web interface far enough to see these screens (which are think are new in the last several weeks).

-John