Then something has gone wrong with the "migration". Someone on the mail team
really needs to look into the migration process and figure out what went
wrong.

I can say with certainty that I did not have any filters on the "old" mail
system when it was shut down in May 2009, and I did not create any filters
in the "new" webmail that replaced it. Now I have about a dozen Accept/Block
entries that should not be there.

Somehow the August 4 migration resurrected filters that were much older and
which I had deleted. This seems to be the same thing that others are
reporting here.