From: Leo Sell [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 3:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Question about mail.msu.edu block lists

Mail team enhanced/changed both Accept/Block list handling and added Spam
Processing preference options for users.

See http://techbase.msu.edu/article.asp?id=14058 which links to other
pertinent detailed articles.

Any existing Accept and Block lists were migrated. However, there was a time
when users were inadvertently populating their Block list in particular. As
a result, there might very well unexpected entries on those lists.

So, absolutely it would be wise for your users to log in and check.
Or better yet, delete all that are there and use the Accept/Block facilities
on a very targeted basis. (The Block list is no substitute for a good spam
handling product).

We'd also recommend checking and setting the Spam processing preferences as
well.

--
Leo Sell
ATS Help Desk