2011 NASA College/Univ. Faculty Workshops Announced for San Fran, San Diego, & Minneapolis w/STIPEND!

We are now accepting applicants for the 2010-2011 Faculty Institutes for NASA Earth and Space Science Education (FINESSE).  These free two-day workshops are to assist university and community college science and education faculty in preparing future teachers in science.  The workshops are held in conjunction with national science and education conferences (AGU, ASTE, & NACCTEP) around the country.

NASA Earth and space scientists and educators share authentic inquiry activities, data, and resources related to key topics from the newly released Common Core Science Education Frameworks (formerly known as the National Science Education Standards). The 2011 institutes will incorporate the theme of Our Solar System in a New Light, in conjunction with the upcoming Year of the Solar System. Participants receive a $300 stipend and lunch, and develop implementation plans.

To apply or for more information, please go to http://www.lpi.usra.edu/education/facultyInstitutes/ .

…
.
.