Exchange / address list service failed to respond Good morning.  It is proving to be quite the Monday morning.  (And no, I don’t have a “case of the Monday’s”!  BUT I DO HAVE THE RED SWINGLINE!)

So, I have this issue with exchange.  Had the problem about 3 weeks ago, and it’s back.  I do NOT want to accept “reboot the server” as the solution.  But... May not have a choice...

When I try to add an email account, either as a new user or to an existing one, I get the following error.

Error:
The Exchange server address list service failed to respond.  This could be because of an address list or email address policy configuration error.

I also get this message when I attempt to edit the default email address policy.

However, once I reboot the server, I am fine.  I can create the account with no issue.  So, something somewhere, over time, breaks this.  And I have NO CLUE what it is.  Does anyone else have any ideas?

And yes, I’ve checked the date on the server.  Set to the correct time / date.  As today is NOT February 29th, and it is NOT a leap year, that is not the issue.  Though that seems to be the ONLY discussion I find on Experts Exchange or via Google on the matter.

Thanks for any insight anyone might have.

-dak aldrich
-network admin
-college of music, MSU
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
-517.432.5045
-http://comit.music.msu.edu

This message is only for the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the named recipient you should not read, distribute or copy this email.  Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of Michigan State University or the College of Music.  Any information obtained from or contained in these emails is confidential.  No information will be shared or given to any persons outside of the appropriate department(s).