Michigan Organic Listserv

July 27, 2010

EVENT

Organic Soybean and Dry Bean Variety Plots Evaluation Tours

When: Friday, July 30, 2010, from 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Where:
Why: Your invited to join other organic producers to view and voice your preferences about characteristics that are desirable to you (early plant vigor, plant height, canopy closure, competitiveness, etc). We have a great opportunity to view and evaluate soybean and dry bean varieties for ourselves during the growing season.  Over 40 non- GMO soybeans and nearly 40 dry bean varieties are being compared under organic production systems in our area at multiple sites. These varieties are a mix of tried and true brands, new industry releases, and experimental lines from university breeding programs.

Feel free to come to one, two, three or all four of the stops. Call (989) 875-5233 if you what to car pool from Ithaca. Food & Refreshments will be available at each site

How: Event is free of charge, no registration necessary, just show up.

If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html