From: Aldrich, Dak [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 9:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Inquiry about pay grades?

A little back ground of what's going on before I ask my question.

One of our "institutions" in our unit has received a grant for a bunch
of Sun equipment for putting a virtual environment in place.  They are
going to use it in a lab type setting for specific classes.  Note that I
was not involved in the initial procurement of this equipment.  I found
out after the fact "Oh, we have it, we need to make it work".  It's been
a process as there is a LOT MORE to this project than just the equipment
we've been given.

Now, because of the high cost of "making it go", they have decided they
have more than enough resources on the equipment to  offer it's services
to the other business / academic units in the Detroit Center.

Knowing that, even maintaining this equipment is WELL over my current
job posting and pay grade.  However, the level of service and support
that would be required of me to maintain this system for OTHER units as
well... It leads me into my question.  If anyone would be willing to
divulge the information off list, I am not asking for a monetary value.

But, for the administrators of these types of systems, where they're
offered to multiple business units... What pay grade are you?  I was
originally hired for just end user support and the basic running's of
the IT department, and it's become a LOT MORE than what I originally
started out doing.  So I'm trying to figure out where I SHOULD be if I'm
going to be doing all of this extra stuff.  It's all within my skill
set.  However, I, as I'm sure none of the rest of you, want to be taken
advantage of.

Thanks for any info anyone can give me.  Please, this doesn't need to
turn into a battle of legal issues, as my last inquiry did.  I just want
a simple 2 digit number answer.

Thanks!

-dak

This message is only for the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the
named recipient you should not read, distribute or copy this email.  Any
views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do
not represent those of Michigan State University or the College of
Music.  Any information obtained from or contained in these emails is
confidential.  No information will be shared or given to any persons
outside of the appropriate department(s).