Verizon has closed the ticket, and service has been verified to have been restored on campus.

-Nick

From: Kwiatkowski, Nicholas [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 3:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Verizon issues on campus.

MSU Telecom Systems has recently reported an outage with the Verizon Cellular Network on our campus.  Users within the affected area will not be able to place or receive phone calls.  Users entering the area may have their calls dropped.  Users are reporting that their phones have ‘full bars’.

The area that is affected is as follows :   Border by the Red Cedar River to the north, Harrison Road to the west, Farm Lane to the East and South Shaw Lane to the south.  This includes the Breslin Center, IM West, Jenison Fieldhouse, Munn Ice Arena, Demonstration Hall, Spartan Stadium, Central Services, Wells Hall and the International Center.

The Verizon engineering staff has acknowledged the problem and are currently working on a resolution.  At this time, there is no ETA to a fix.

If you have any questions about this outage, please contact the MSU Telecom Systems customer service group at 3-5515 (517-353-5515).   We will update the post on the MSU Service Status website (http://servicestatus.msu.edu/status_detail.php?id=4684) as we get more information, and will notify the NAG list once we have confirmed that the issue has been resolved.

-Nick

Nicholas Kwiatkowski
Communication Systems Analyst
Telecommunication Systems Department
Michigan State University

Direct: 517-432-2528
Dept / Customer Service / Trouble: 517-353-5515
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.telecom.msu.edu