Ok.  So, after several emails chastising me for not having read the AUP, I
took the 25 minutes to find it online, and the 15 minutes to read it, and
the sections on Managing Sensitive Data.

No where did it give me any help or assistance in determining how I should
be handling these requests.  In fact, there wasn't much useful information
in them at all.

Are there any documents out there that will give me clear and concise points
of what I, as a system administrator, am allowed, or not allowed, to do in
regards to email on our system (Music has our own email setup) and such?
As well as my responsibilities for the information stored in them? Laws
regulating the release of that information?  Things I'm held accountable
for, or the users are held accountable for?

Thanks.

-dak

On 6/22/10 10:07 AM, "Kim Geiger" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]

This message is only for the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the named recipient you should not read,
distribute or copy this email.  Any views or opinions
expressed in this email are those of the author and do
not represent those of Michigan State University or the
College of Music.  Any information obtained from or
contained in these emails is confidential.  No
information will be shared or given to any persons
outside of the appropriate department(s).