Is this based off KVM?

-Steve>>> On 6/18/2010 at 10:09 AM, Ed Symanzik <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 12:54 +0000, Ehren Benson wrote:
> Interesting Article I found today, thought it might lead to some fun
> discussion ;)

Mark and I don't seem to share the same definition of "free".  I don't
count free-with-the-purchase-of-Windows-Server as equivalent to free.

Microsoft may eventually capture enough market share that VMware
collapses, but Hyper-V will never be as nice a product.  As soon as
VMware is out of the way Microsoft will coast, and without someone to
lead the way they will make the wrong choices.

The product I'm keeping an eye on is RedHat.  It already does much of
what vSphere is capable of: live migration, high availability, etc.
And, if you go with CentOS, it's really free, not just Microsoft-free.

http://www.redhat.com/v/swf/rhev/demo.html
(skip forward a couple of sections)

--
Ed Symanzik