> email account isn’t purchased by the user, it’s provided to the user as a tool by the employer. If I handed you a drill while you were working for me on a construction site

apples oranges.

Some mechanics need their own tools.

The univ pays part of my mobile bill, so I can be on call. It's my phone, though. They can subpeona me.

The larger point. Talent is going to follow the best employers. If you start cracking down, your only going to retain those who can't leave. No personal devices, no headphones, no music, no beverage, no internet, no desk frames. Your in competition with other employers. The best employees will find better environs.

Granted. Balancing all the law, policy, market, personal issues is extremely complicated.

-AH