   So I have a user who said his networking was blitzed on his T500
Thinkpad running XP.  After having him rip out the network drivers
and having Windows reinstall things, the IP stack is working, except
for DNS.  DNS does not work.  The DHCP data is correct, and in fact
I've used a static address for DNS, but it doesn't work.  This problem
ocurrs for both the wireless card and ethernet card, so its not in
the drivers but in the stack or just above it and I can't figure out
a way to fix this.  Googling for it reveals many people who can't
seem to enter IP addressed correctly, but not my problem.  This
is the first time I have ever seen part of the stack blitzed like this.
A ipconfig /all says that there was a registry probllem reading
tcpip, so  I'm pretty sure there is deep trouble here.

   I'm making a backup now of the machine so I can rebuild it.
If anyone can come up with interesting ideas when thats done,
I wouldn't have to rebuild.

   You have two hours.        ;-)

                   T H A N K S  for any ideas.

--STeve Andre'