FY 2010 Request for Applications (RFA) for the Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Organic Transitions (ORG)

The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) is pleased to announce the release of the FY 2010 Request for Applications (RFA) for the Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Organic Transitions (ORG). The overall goal of the ORG is to support the development and implementation of research, extension and higher education programs to improve the competitiveness of organic livestock and crop producers, as well as those who are adopting organic practices. In FY 2010, ORG will focus on environmental services provided by organic farming systems that support soil conservation and contribute to climate change mitigation. Practices and systems to be addressed include those associated with organic crops, organic animal production (including dairy) and organic systems integrating plant and animal production.

The funding opportunity webpage can be found here: http://www.nifa.usda.gov/fo/organictransitionsprogram.cfm. You will find the RFA in text and PDF versions, information on applying electronically, and abstracts of previously funded projects.

Application information at Grants.gov
Here is a direct link to the application instructions and the application package: http://apply07.grants.gov/apply/UpdateOffer?id=18817.

Program synopsis at Grant.gov
http://www.grants.gov/search/search.do;jsessionid=SKP8L25LWG2G1FcBT
pzvP2kcnX3JC20PJqR2JF2YrdZ4SYZ8GJ4J!-1975968511?oppId=54728&mode=VIEW

Here you will find a synopsis of the funding opportunity, a link to the full announcement (RFA), and the application instructions and the application package.

Applications must be received in Grants.gov by 5:00 PM (EST) on Thursday, July 1, 2010. Those received after this deadline will normally not be considered for funding. The agency strongly encourages applicants to submit applications well before the deadline to allow time for correction of technical errors identified by Grants.gov.

Please note: Some applicants have experienced difficulty when trying to enter information into block 4.b. of the R&R Other Project Information form if they check “yes” in block 4.a. We are looking into having this corrected; however, if you experience this problem, please save the form, close out of the package, and then open it up, again. You should then be able to enter information into block 4.b.

If you have questions regarding the RFA, please contact: Dr. Mary Peet, [log in to unmask] or (202) 401-4202.

If you have questions regarding the application packet, contact the NIFA Help Desk:
Email: [log in to unmask],
Phone: (202) 401-5048, business hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM (EST), excluding Federal holidays.

If you have any questions related to Grants.gov content, contact the Grants.gov Contact Center:
Email: [log in to unmask],
Phone: Toll Free: 1-800-518-4726, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, excluding

Article posted by the New Ag Network (www.new-ag.msu.edu)

Windmill Market 2010 Opening!

Windmill Market, in Detroit, extends a warm invitation to everyone to join us on June 5th for our 2010 Market Opening and Community Parade!  We are also hosting a Carnival June 4th – June 6th.  Please stop by for plenty of fresh produce, beautiful flowers and lots of fun!  If you cannot stop by during our opening, come on by another time to shop, enjoy other fun-filled activities or gather information from one of our many training events.  We will be open on Wednesdays and Saturdays, June until October, from 9 AM to 2 PM.  Look for us on the southwest corner of Livernois Avenue and the Lodge Freeway.

Stalls still available for interested farmers and vendors.  Check out our website (www.WindmillMarket.uphero.com ) for more information on how you may participate.  You may also email the Market Master, Pamela Samuel, at [log in to unmask].

If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html