Peter this is far the best book for non-science majors - I used and love it, very simple and lots of good materials for students to get the best of geology  has top offer, , althought I miss the ones by tarbuck they are awesome as well, but Reynolds tops all

Pearson is the publisher

I hope this Helps, thanks Tibi Marin, Ed.S, NASA AES

From: "Cormas, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, June 8, 2010 11:58:43 AM
Subject: Conceptually-based geology text

Hi everyone,

I was curious if anyone could recommend a conceptually-based geology text for a physical geology class for non-science majors.  I’m currently using Marshak (Essentials of Geology 3rd Ed), but find it to be more of a collection of geological facts than a conceptual approach to the discipline.  I’m not looking for something watered down, but a text that presents information as dynamic themes (e.g. rock cycle, plate tectonics, etc) or events/processes (e.g. a study of the eruption of Mt St Helens, Wegener’s scientific reasoning towards theory formation).  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Pete

Peter C. Cormas, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Science Education
Elementary/Special Education

Providence College

Providence, RI 02918