Jeff Dodick's comment is very true - you can't always just use a t-
test. The nature of the variables play a role in determining what test
is appropriate. This site can provide some insight:
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/spss/whatstat/
but it would be best to consult a stats expert.

Cesar Delgado * Assistant Professor * Science and Mathematics
Education * 1 University Station D5700 * University of Texas at Austin
* Austin, TX 78712 * Phone: (512) 232 9682