Michigan Organic Listserv
May 13, 2010
By: Vicki Morrone and Danielle Craft
CS Mott Group for Sustainable Food Systems
Small Socially-Disadvantaged Producer Grant (SSDPG)
The SSDPG grant program is geared towards providing technical assistance to small, socially-disadvantaged agricultural producers through eligible cooperative and association of cooperatives. Grant projects must provide technical assistance to socially disadvantaged producers that have averaged $250,000 or less in annual gross sales in the last years. The applicant must be from a rural area, with a population less than 50,000 people; applicants from small towns are prioritized. The membership or board of the cooperative that is applying must be comprised of at least 75 percent socially disadvantaged producers.
Free Online Webinar Archives
For your education and enjoyment a Multimedia section was recently added to the MCCC website, where you can catch up on cover crop webinars, videos, and interviews
Webinar topics covered include:
- Using a Crimper to Flatten Cover Crops (2008)
- This webinar, presented by Jude Maul of the USDA-ARS, will give an overview of the major cover crops available to farmers in the US, the functions many of these cover crops can perform and information about managing the cover crops in organic farming operations.
- Cover Crops: Where do they fit in to modern cropping systems? (2009)
- Adding Cover Crops to a No-till System- SARE (2010)
- Cover Crop Debate- Iowa Public Radio (March 2010)
- Cover Crop Selection Webinar- eOrganic (April 2010)
Looking for Mustard Cover Crop Seed?
Are you interested in obtaining Mustard cover crop seed? Two varieties are available from the source below “pacific gold” and “Ida Gold”.
Davidson Commodities, Inc.
4407 N. Division St., #811Spokane, WA 99207