From: Brian Pillar [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Backup Solutions

Anyone out there have any experience with any backup solutions?

We're looking at an EMC Avamar to give us backup to disk to tape, but the price tag stands out in a not so good way.  I have also looked into Barracuda's backup service, but it does not appear that the backup data can be duplicated to tape or another device except in their cloud, and we are just not comfortable with our data out in a cloud somewhere (at least not yet).

Thanks,

-Brian

Brian Pillar
RHS Information Services Microsoft Network Administrator
Michigan State University
517-353-1694, FAX: 517-884-0248