We use awstats for well over 100 sites.  it's satisfactory.  it does the
robot separation stuff mentioned.  it does by-country
tracking/breakdowns as of a recent update.  it's done all we've ever
asked it to do in terms of gathering stats.  we used analog for a while
too, it was also satisfactory, we just had to choose one or the other
for uniformity.  the price for both is right, free, open-source.  if you
are really interested i could give you a link to an example stats page
of ours to get a look at it's output, just msg.