From: Robert Kriegel [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 2:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Emergency Warning Anecdote

I received three alert emails from the MSU system.  The first was a severe
thunderstorm warning at 11:00 am; the second was the "Tornado Warning for
Ingham County" message at 11:32 am.  The last was the all clear, sorry I've
already deleted that one, but it arrived after we had all returned to our
work stations.  Our main departmental office received pager and phone
messages from MSU police soon after the E.L.
sirens started to sound.  So for Anthony Hall the system worked quite well.

I received the above emails directly from mail.msu.edu to a Eudora client
set to query the mail server every 5 minutes.  If there was a significant
delay in receiving your email messages, consider whether you were receiving
them directly or were they being routed to mail.msu.edu and then forwarded
through another mail server, such as Exchange.

Bob Kriegel
Anthony Hall Emergency Team Leader