From: Denise Agius [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Farmer needs referral for insurance.

Mark:

Our homeowners insurance carries a rider that covers our "hobby farm".  It insures my produce as a vendor at both the market and roadside, covers liability for my husbands antique tractors at tractor shows, covers any liability for my livestock (horses).  The company is The Cincinnati Insurance Companies in (you guessed it...) Cincinnati, OH.  I think the rider is only about $75 annually.

Farmers Market general liability coverage is available through Advanced Insurance Markets in Holt, MI 517/699-0467.  The company that issues the policy is Westfield Insurance.

Sounds to me like you need a rider on your homeowners, if your current provider offers it.

Good luck!
Denise Agius
Nature's Best Farmers Market
serving Oscoda County