After some poking around, I believe I've found the cause of my slow
performance issue this morning. I have a Windows 7 laptop, which is
sitting on a dock and plugged into  a working ethernet port. However, my
wireless switch was on, and the machine had a very weak connection to a
wireless network. I've seen this before and just never put two and two
together. Once I turned off the wireless switch and rebooted the
machine, everything began working fine.  Does anyone know how I can
verify the metrics on my network connections and insure that ethernet is
getting priority?

Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli

Michigan State University

Information Technologist
http://www.rcpd.msu.edu <http://www.rcpd.msu.edu/>

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities

120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033

517-884-1915