Hello MSU NAG group
Way to much complaining.  Provide the solution.
http://privilegeforum.scriptlogic.com/
This reference is to an Windows XP -Windows7 script utility called
PrivilegeAuthority.
It  is a free product from ScriptLogic that allows administrators to
elevate privileges for specific programs, windows features or ActiveX
controls, without running every user as an administrator.   This is
useful for some programs like SolidWorks (a Finite Element Analysis
program) that are written assuming that they will be run with
administrator level security and don't run correctly (won't save user
settings etc.) if they are run with normal user level security.    I
have not tried it.   Has anyone used it and found it to work well?
Thanks for the pointer to this utility Chris.
Cliff

--
Clifford L. Beckett		office: 517-355-4659
Electronic System Designer        cell: 517-449-8226