From: Al Puzzuoli [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 4:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Suggestions for Diagnosing Possible Intermittent Network
Issues?

Hello,

We seem to be experiencing some very sporadic issues throughout our
office. I have users complaining about intermittent lockups that last
for a few seconds and then go away, slowness loading web pages, and very
slow saving of Microsoft office documents to redirected folders on our
server.
We can sometimes go days without any reported incidents, but the last
two days have been particularly problematic for some reason.
I would welcome any suggestions for diagnosing these types of issues.
Are there some network monitoring utilities I should be running?
Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli

Michigan State University

Information Technologist
http://www.rcpd.msu.edu <http://www.rcpd.msu.edu/>

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities

120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033

517-884-1915