Hi Annia-

Youc an try Angelo and Cross 1993 Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers

You can find an annotated set of references at:

http://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/assess/references.html

Cathy

On Mar 22, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Annia Fayon wrote:

Colleagues -

Does anyone know of a couple of key resources (textbooks, journal articles) on how to assess student learning and student development in Earth sciences or the sciences in general at the postsecondary level?  I am aware of the serc website and the geoscience concepts inventory to assess content knowledge in general geology courses. I am looking more for key references on how to design assessment tools.

Thanks!

Annia

Assistant Professor, Physical Sciences
Department of Postsecondary Teaching and Learning
College of Education and Human Development
Burton Hall Room 323
178 Pillsbury Dr SE
Minneapolis, MN  55455

CEHD Office phone: (612) 624-2484
Geology and Geophysics Fission Track Lab phone: (612) 626-0212
email: [log in to unmask]

Cathryn A Manduca
Director, Science Education Resource Center
Executive Director, National Association of Geoscience Teachers
Carleton College
1 N College Street
Northfield, MN  55057
507 222 7096