From: Susan Grammer [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 March 2010 17:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Msta Lansing

Are you going to the msta conference in Lansing today/tomorrow?

If you are ,  look for me at booth T60/61.

Susan

Susan F. Grammer
Outreach Coordinator-CoreKids
Western Michigan University
Geosciences Department
Michigan Geological Repository
      for Research and Education
www.wmich.edu/corekids
269-387-8642
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 13, 2009, at 3:14 PM, Nicole LaDue <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Greetings,

Michael Wysession, Washington University and I hope to conveen the session below at GSA 2009 in Porland.  We hope that you might consider submitting any talks related to promoting Earth science literacy broadly to the public or through the K-12 or undergraduate systems.

PROMOTING LITERACY ABOUT EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE CONCEPTS

Number in Call for Papers: T107
Title: Promoting Literacy About Earth System Science Concepts
Session Type: Oral

Scientific Categories: Geoscience Education, Public Policy, Geoscience Information/Communication
Sponsor: National Association of Geoscience Teachers
Rationale: Scarcity of energy resources, workforce development, and international competitiveness are all compelling reasons to promote Earth system science literacy. There is also a need for an informed public to make decisions about politically- charged topics such as climate change and evolution. Multiple documents that define the main themes and supporting concepts underpinning ocean, atmospheric, and earth science provide the scientific and education communities with a valuable tool. These documents have been used to design museum exhibits, write textbooks and curricula, and to communicate a unified message to the public. We hope to continue the dialogue about how the geoscience community can build upon the momentum of these efforts.

Cheers!
Nicole

Nicole LaDue
Earth Science Literacy Initiative Organizing Committee
Michigan State University starting 8/09

University of Cumbria is a Company Limited by Guarantee, Registered in England & Wales No. 06033238 Registered Office: University of Cumbria, Fusehill Street, Carlisle, CA1 2HH. Telephone 01228 616234.

Confidentiality: This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email and highlight the error.

Security Warning: Please note that this email has been created in the knowledge that Internet email is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when emailing us.

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.