Hi Annia,
I second Cathy's recommendation for the Angelo and Cross book - it is an
incredible resource with a variety of techniques for getting student
feedback. I think others can point out some useful papers from Journal
of Geoscience Ed, so I'll point to two websites that have been useful to
faculty I've worked with (and to me too.)

The first is the FLAG site, which is much like an abridged version of
Angelo and Cross:
http://www.flaguide.org/cat/cat.php

The Vanderbilt Center for Teaching has a fantastic website with short
summaries of useful information on many aspects of teaching/learning and
with links to other sites and published papers; the link here is for
their "Classroom Assessment Techniques" page, with short descriptions of
CATs and links to examples:
http://www.vanderbilt.edu/cft/resources/teaching_resources/assessment/cats.htm

cheers,
Andrea

--
Andrea Bair, PhD
Research Associate, Science Teaching Fellow

***NEW OFFICE Jan 1, 2010***
Tel: 303.492.2609
Office: 435 Benson