Hi Annia-

Youc an try Angelo and Cross 1993 Classroom Assessment Techniques: A
Handbook for College Teachers

You can find an annotated set of references at:

http://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/assess/references.html

Cathy

On Mar 22, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Annia Fayon wrote:

> Colleagues -
>
> Does anyone know of a couple of key resources (textbooks, journal
> articles) on how to assess student learning and student development
> in Earth sciences or the sciences in general at the postsecondary
> level?  I am aware of the serc website and the geoscience concepts
> inventory to assess content knowledge in general geology courses. I
> am looking more for key references on how to design assessment tools.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Annia
>
> Assistant Professor, Physical Sciences
> Department of Postsecondary Teaching and Learning
> College of Education and Human Development
> Burton Hall Room 323
> 178 Pillsbury Dr SE
> Minneapolis, MN  55455
>
> CEHD Office phone: (612) 624-2484
> Geology and Geophysics Fission Track Lab phone: (612) 626-0212
> email: [log in to unmask]

Cathryn A Manduca
Director, Science Education Resource Center
Executive Director, National Association of Geoscience Teachers
Carleton College
1 N College Street
Northfield, MN  55057
507 222 7096