I've found that many of our supported users simply do not know about EAS which is too bad because it would save them a lot of money.  Many simply think that BlackBerry's are the only way to go to get their mail, calendar, and contacts from Exchange.

And to agree with you further on the BlackBerry racket....in addition to the expensive server license we paid for the BES, we have to get $99 CAL's for each user on top of that?  Wow....

Lastly, we have Exchange Server 2003 still and the disk I/O that the BES puts on Exchange is extremely high.  The whitepapers I have read list the BES user increasing disk ops equal to 5 non-BES users.

________________________________

From: Jon Galbreath [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Fri 2/12/2010 1:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Just a thought about BES or BPS or any enterprise solution

I have zero sympathy for BB users and their service fees.  I have an iPhone that I can't make voice calls on, but dammit I can get my mail for no additional cost.  J  RIM's whole business model is a racket to suck as much money out of people as possible, and it works, except when it doesn't.

EAS is wonderful!  I've never had any problems with it with many iPhones, Windows Mobile, I think there's a Droid in there too.  I should never have to have a third-party standing between me and my email.

Jon Galbreath

MCSE/Security+

Systems Administrator

International Studies and Programs