Below you will find a job posting that Corie Pierce (past Student Organic farm program coordinator and teacher) has asked me to pass along..... this is for the farm where she learned to farm in highschool and college....
not certifed organic, but a sustainable long standing family veg farm.... please pass it along if you know of people or lists that might be interested.

Vegetable Farm Production Manager

Be apart of a historic family farm in scenic Seacoast New Hampshire.
Barker's Farm is a well established forty acre farm comprising of diverse vegetables, cut flowers, small fruit and greenhouses.  We have a busy roadside stand and attend 3 markets per week.

We are looking for a self motivating, entrepreneurial person to manage field production from seed to harvest,

Qualified candidates should have at least 3 years experience in, but not limited to:

  *   Tractor work: Transplanting, cultivating, spraying, field preparation and mulch laying.
  *   Greenhouse production:
  *   Record keeping:
  *   Weed management:
  *   Irrigation management:
  *   Planting schedule:
Other duties include but not limited to:

  *   Property management
  *   Seasonal management: including chain saw work
  *   Equipment maintenance
This is a unique position for someone who is driven and creative in shaping the future of this historic farm.
Possible benefits include on site housing. Can accommodate a small family,
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, including pertinent job history and letter of recommendation to:

Barker's Farm
P. O. Box 154
Stratham, NH 03885

--
Jeremy Moghtader
Coordinator and Lead Instructor

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html