From: GEOEDUCATION RESEARCH INTEREST GROUP [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Voorhees [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 1:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Lesson plans for Groundwater Impact

Eric
I use Wards groundwater model in our Survey of Earth Science groundwater lab.  attached is a 'script' of a 20 to 25 minute demo that we do.  It is optimized to be done for part of a lab, and to be able to be 'recycled' for the next lab session that may be right after.  In other words, this is just a sampling of some of the things that can be done.
Good luck.

David H. Voorhees
Associate Professor of Earth Science and Geology
Waubonsee Community College
Rt 47 @ Waubonsee Drive
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
630.466.2783
http://www3.waubonsee.edu/~dvoorhees/

>>> Eric Ruckert <[log in to unmask]> 2/1/2010 6:56 AM >>>
I figured I would give all of you a chance to share.  I am presenting at the Hoosier Association of Science Teachers this week.  The topic is Human Impact on Groundwater.  I will be utilizing a groundwater model and showing a presentation on some of the job sites I have worked on as an environmental consultant.

If anyone would like to share a lesson I would be happy to pass it on.  This is a K-12 conference, however don't let that limit you.  As you all know any good teacher can adapt material to fit their classroom.

Thanks
Eric Ruckert
Associate Instructor IPFW
WNHS