Hello everyone...

For the past four years I have been attempting to develop a fully on-line earth science sequence for  non-science majors.  In our system we call it the general science sequence.  At the end of this year I will be "retiring" from teaching distance courses and making the recommendation that we stay with a hybrid sequence (on-campus lab) rather than attempt to go fully on-line.  As a point of closure I would be most interested in hearing from some of you that have been involved in similar efforts.  In particular I would appreciate hearing about how you have dealt with the following issues or if you know of research dealing with these issues.

Again, I am quite interested in hearing from any of you who have had experience with these issues or know of research dealing with them, especially as I make my recommendations to our DL folks and the instructors who will inherit these courses.

Cheers
Frank G.

Frank D. Granshaw
Earth Science Instructor