Good morning, all -

These conferences are great opportunities for members of a community
to share research progress/ideas, and a Gordon conference for
Geoscience Education is a great idea. I would also encourage graduate
students to attend, if at all possible.

Thanks for passing along the information, Julie.

Cheers,
Annia

On Feb 2, 2010, at 4:06 AM, Julie Libarkin wrote:

> All:
>
> A few of us have toyed with idea of a Gordon conference for
> Geoscience Education and Geocognition Research. I thought some of
> you might be interested in the series that physcis education has
> been doing for a number of years. Here is the latest on lab science.
>
> Take care
> Julie
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: "Singh, Chandralekha" <[log in to unmask]>
>> Date: February 2, 2010 12:36:10 AM GMT-05:00
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> Subject: Announcement: Gordon Conference on Physics Research and
>> Education: Experimental Research and Labs in Physics Education
>> >

>> The 2010 Gordon Research Conference on Physics Research and
>> Education, the sixth in this series of conferences, will focus on
>> the expanding and deepening role of and connection between
>> experimental research and laboratories in physics instruction, with
>> particular emphasis on undergraduate education. The purpose of this
>> conference is to have a serious discussion about cutting-edge
>> experimental research in physics and physics education and
>> laboratories in physics education. We will discuss how students'
>> learning experiences can be leveraged by incorporating contemporary
>> research in physics and physics education. The format of the
>> conference-which will include invited plenary sessions, contributed
>> poster presentations, and generous amounts of unscheduled time for
>> informal discussions-is specially designed to promote dialogue and
>> cross-fertilization of ideas between educators and researchers at
>> the forefront of their fields, including researchers in physics
>> education.
>> College and university faculty, research associates (postdocs),
>> laboratory-based physics textbook authors, curriculum and
>> educational material developers, and graduate and undergraduate
>> students are invited to participate.
>>
>> Please advertise the conference to your colleagues. This is an
>> important venue for revisiting important issues concerning physics
>> education. Its success will be determined by the level of
>> participation from our community.
>>
>> Applications for this conference must be submitted by May 16, 2010.
>> http://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?year=2010&program=physedu
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Chairs:
>> Chandralekha Singh & Enrique J. Galvez
>>
>> Vice Chair:
>> Peter Shaffer

Assistant Professor, Physical Sciences
Department of Postsecondary Teaching and Learning
College of Education and Human Development
Burton Hall Room 323
178 Pillsbury Dr SE
Minneapolis, MN  55455

CEHD Office phone: (612) 624-2484
Geology and Geophysics Fission Track Lab phone: (612) 626-0212
email: [log in to unmask]