Hey everybody!

Just wanted to pass on a note that Lansing's new Java Users Group will be hosting their first meeting TOMORROW (Jan 19, 2010) here on campus in the Communication Arts and Sciences building at 7pm.  Meeting are free, and will be held on a monthly basis.  From the website :

http://groups.google.com/group/greaterlansingjug

We are a group of Java developers working/ living around the Greater Lansing area, Michigan.

Other JUGs around the area are AnnArborJUG<http://aajug.org/>, GrandRapid-JUG<http://gr-jug.org/> and Detroit-JUG<http://sites.google.com/site/detroitjug/>,
all about an hour drive away.

The purpose of this group:
  - Learn and discuss programming techniques, technologies, practices related to Java
  - Network with other Java Developers

Different meeting formats:
  - discussion on selected topics (may need laptops)
  - workshop/ hands-on session (need laptops)
  - talk/ presentation by members or guest speakers

Topics for discussion will be generated and voted by members.
We will put the list in the Discussion Topics Backlog<http://groups.google.com/group/greaterlansingjug/web/discussion-topics-backlog> and work our way down from there.
One to three topcis will be put up for discussion in each meeting, depending on the scope of each topics.

We have scheduled our first meeting 19th January 2010 (Tuesday)

The meeting venue is confirmed at MSU campus, Communication Arts & Sciences Building

Meeting venue :

MSU campus

Intersection of Trowbridge and Red Cedar Road

Communication Arts & Sciences Building<http://cas.msu.edu/modules.php?name=Pages&sp_id=695>

1st floor, Room 161

There is a parking ramp south of the building,

parking is free after 6pm.

Nicholas Kwiatkowski
Communication Systems Analyst
Telecommunication Systems Department
Michigan State University
Direct: 517-432-2528
Dept / Customer Service / Trouble: 517-353-5515
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Website: www.telecom.msu.edu<http://www.telecom.msu.edu/>