From: MSU Network Administrators Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David McFarlane
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 3:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] mod parent up

OK, this is not really the right place to ask this, and I am exposing some degree of tech illiteratacy, but can someone tell me what "mod parent up" means?  I see this phrase from time to time on Slashdot, I have tried Google in vain, I still cannot make sense of it, and I feel I am missing out on the joke.

TIA,
-- dkm